On 25th May 2018 the EU introduced the new data protection law known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR gives individuals in the EU more control over how their data is used and places certain obligations on businesses and organisations that process information on those individuals.
The Billy Steel Dark Blues (hereinafter called the BSDB) is committed to protecting your personal data and wants you to understand the choices and control you have over your information.
3. COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We collect personal information from you when you submit a Membership Application Form to become a Member of the BSDB, or apply for Membership of the 59 Club Draw.
The personal information that you provide may include your name, mailing address, email address and telephone number(s). We may in some cases collect information about you that may not be personal data.
We require your consent to allow us to use the personal information that you provide to us. To allow you to give this consent we have included a "tick-box" on the “Renewal / New Membership Application” and “59 Club Draw Application” Forms.
4. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
The information that we collect is used to communicate with you generally, including providing details of:
- Activities of the BSDB, such as fund raising events, away travel buses and notification of meetings.
- Communications received from external bodies such as the Dundee Supporter’s Association and Dundee F. C.
- For Members of the 59 Club Draw, notifying you of your allocated draw number(s) and, when applicable, the prize amount won.
5. YOUR RIGHTS:
You have the following rights:
- To request access to your personal data held by us.
- To have your personal data rectified if inaccurate or incomplete.
- To request the deletion or removal of your personal data.
You can exercise your rights by contacting the Secretary of the BSDB.
The personal information that we hold is used solely by the elected Committee of the BSDB for the purposes outlined in para 4 above. Your personal information is NOT shared with third parties, unless we have your permission, or are required by law to do so. The exception to this is that we provide season ticket holders details to Dundee F.C. when applying for match tickets (DFC already hold this information on their Season Ticket holders data base).
Members personal information is stored a) In hard copy form and b) in electronic format on a computer having current software / security software installed.
7. RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We will hold your data for the term of the membership and, in the event of non-renewal for the following season, retain on file for a reasonable period thereafter before deletion from our records, or as otherwise instructed by you.
8. BILLY STEEL DARK BLUES WEBSITE:
Your personal details will not be shown on the BSDB Website however, we reserve the right to mention you by name and publish any photograph in which you appear in connection with covering any BSDB activity in which you have participated. For example, the winner of a raffle, competition or a 59 Club Draw win.